Wednesday, 14 May 2008
.
Hi class,
How was your day? What are you doing this evening?
Wondering and preparing for your Chinese, I hope?
I remember stepping in this morning and we had a brief episode of laughter over Chinese, and henceforth we parted ways for our own lessons. It's yet another day...
Have you ever wondered what life is all about?
.
Yes, what is life all about?
.
My mind has been heavy since the news of the devastations by Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar, and more than doubled with the news of earthquakes in China.
Take a scan through the local papers, goggle on the net if you've yet to realise the immensity of the loss of each and every one of these individual lives. Don't dismiss them as
yet another huge load of numbers, but if you were to put a face to every number, it is so heartwrenching.
Even as I'm typing this, the news is showing clips of mourning mothers crying and singing "shi shang zhi you ma ma hao"...
.
Would you like to count your blessings, and (even) be thankful that you can be worried about Chinese O levels? (while hundreds of school children are stuck underneath the debris)
Tonight, would you like to be thankful for a roof over your head, and for your family - no matter how uncomfortable some areas may be? Would you like to be thankful that you are alive too?
I am.
FT
10:56 pm
We're going bananas <3
0 Comments(s), Leave a comment?